Espoma Organic Seed Starter Premium Potting Mix
Size: 8 Quart Bag
Espoma Organic Seed Starting Mix is a rich, premium blend of sphagnum peat moss, peat humus and perlite that has been enriched with Myco-tone®.
Espoma Organic Seed Starter potting mix is formulated specially to promote root growth in seedlings and roots, and improves root moisture retention. Enhance with Myco-tone, this fertilizer contains a premium mix of sphagnum peat moss, peat humus and perlite.
When starting from seeds:
- Seed starting container make transplanting easier.
- Water seeds according to instructions on package.
- Avoid direct sunlight on seeds.
- Mist with a spray bottle to avoid over watering.
- When your seeds grow, and the plant develops it’s first true leave, it is time to transport the plant into a larger container to allow room for more growth.
NOTE: The plants stem and roots are extremely fragile! When taking the plant out of the soil to replant in larger container, be sure to handle with extra care and avoid damaging the stem and roots.
When starting from cuttings:
- Use a clean seed starting container and wet the fertilizer and soil mix.
- Take a pencil, or an object with a similar shape, and poke a hole into your mix. Carefully place your cutting into the hole. Cover with the Espoma Organic Seed Starter potting mix and soil. Gently pat to ensure the hole is covered.
- Water often, keeping soil moist. Once the cutting begins forming roots, the new plant can be transported to a larger container. Then it will have the opportunity to grow even larger!
Check out Espoma’s Info Here: Seed Starter Premium Potting Mix Info