Farm to Table Dinner:
Back by popular demand, our THIRD Farm to Table dinner…but this time we are shaking it up a bit with Chef Marilyn Schlossbach, Executive Chef and Owner of The Marilyn Schlossbach Group (Langosta Lounge, Pop’s Garage, Asbury Park Yacht Club, and Marilyn Schlossbach Catering and Events).
What’s super special about this Dinner is that for every ticket purchased there will be a $5 donation made to FulFill.
The FoodBank of Monmouth & Ocean Counties is now Fulfill. They changed their name, because they’re doing more than ever to change lives in our communities for the better. Their new name reflects the fact that today they focus on way more than just food distribution. It reflects their commitment to fulfill more of the needs of our neighbors and win the battle against hunger. It reflects their comprehensive approach that goes beyond providing food and helps those in need get to a place where they can get back on their feet for good. Ending hunger in our communities is a complex challenge, so Fulfill provides a full suite of programs to provide the resources people need to become self-sufficient.
When: Saturday, February 23rd at 6 PM – 9 PM
Where: Barlow’s Garden Center (1014 Sea Girt Avenue in Sea Girt, NJ 08750)
We are teaming up with Chef Marilyn Schlossback to create a night you won’t want to miss! All food served during our Farm to Table dinner is locally sourced and absolutely delicious.
Start off the night with live music, BYOB (beer/wine/non-alcoholic beverages) and catching up with your friends, before diving into a delicious 4-course meal.
4 Course Meal:
- First Course: Mediterranean Terrine- white beans, eggplant, roasted peppers and parmesan
- Second Course: House-made Meyer lemon ricotta with rustic sourdough & prosciutto crisp
- Third Course (choose 1):
- Seared Scallops with Winter Herb Risotto, 2 Rivers, Mushroom Buerre Blance, Kula Farm Greens
- Short Ribs with Scallion ginger soy glaze, diablo mashed potatoes, garlic broccolini
- Veg Option: Tumeric roasted vegetables over risotto
- Fourth Course: Warm Bourbon Bread Pudding with Salted Caramel Creme Anglaise
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What’s a Farm to Table dinner? It is a nice dinner that serves locally sourced food from a local restaurant or farm! The table set-up will be in our main glass greenhouse with long rows of 8’ tables dressed with beautiful centerpieces.
- Who is supplying the food? Chef Marilyn Schlossbach & her catering crew! She is the Executive Chef and Owner of The Marilyn Schlossbach Group (Langosta Lounge, Pop’s Garage, Asbury Park Yacht Club, and Marilyn Schlossbach Catering and Events). With a passion for her roots and her eyes turned to the future, Marilyn Schlossbach is above all a lover of nature, gastronomy and community. Moved by life’s challenges and a great sense of indignation for social and environmental injustice, Marilyn manages with extreme delicacy and technique to transform her creative energy into unforgettable culinary experiences for diners and inspires support for local and national causes through her advocacy and activism. Marilyn’s focus is to explore all the gastronomic possibilities of local ingredients, combining the classic cultures from around the world with current techniques. With boldness and vision, she transcends the boundaries of the kitchen as an active citizen, valuing the small producer, encouraging young professionals and supporting her various local not-for-profit ventures.
- Are there vegetarian options? Yes! You can select that at checkout.
- Will there be time for us to chat and hangout before the meal begins? Yes! Based on the last farm to table dinner feedback, there will be time before the meal is served where you can enjoy catching up with your friends! Remember, it’s BYOB (beer and wine or non-alcoholic drinks only please). We are planning on having live music throughout the night as well.
- Can we shop before or after the dinner? Absolutely! We will have the registers open and tons of beautiful houseplants and gifts to shop from.
- What is the attire? There is no formal dress code! You may just want to bring a sweater incase you get chilly. The dinner is taking place inside our main glass greenhouse which is heated.